Saturday, November 24, 2012

Swedish pancakes

Black Friday

This weekend has been pretty productive thus far. Friday night I had a little quality time with my bf, or as Swede's like to say  "fredagsmys" (Friday cozy) with some delicious kebab pizza and watched the movie "Good Will Hunting." Great autumn movie by the way, I had never seen it before then. 

Pancake Saturday
I attempted to make Swedish pancakes, which nothing like American style thick and fluffy pancakes smothered in butter and maple syrup. Its very similiar to the French crepe actually, and Swedes typically eat it with "lingonsylt" which is a cranberry jam type thing. I ate mine with Smuckers Orange marmalade and Nutella. mmm. After, I planned my grocery list for this Thanksgiving feast I am hosting next week for my Swedish family (Thanksgiving post coming soon) I am also planning on doing something that was very dear to my childhood, arts and crafts!! Thanks to Pinterest, I have loads of adorable craft ideas for the kids to do on our Turkey day. (you'll see how those turn out later...but they involve pine cones, use your imagination!)

I have been trying to study and work on my school projects, but man...can procrastination be diagnosed as an illness? haha, I wish I had some kind of prescription to cure this thing, but in the mean time I finished my motivation letter to apply for an Exchange program to Austria! I am very pleased with letter, and even went the extra mile and made a nice banner at the top, an image of the city. :)

Welp, that was my day. Have you done anything productive today? I hope so. If not, here's a tip: write an old friend on Facebook, you know, that one you've been meaning to catch up with for a while? Yeah, that one, bet you'll feel glad you did. :) 

Natty natt allihopa!

No comments:

Post a Comment